Pecan Pie Bar Cookies
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tlb melted butter
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set rack in center of oven.
2. Lightly grease 10” x 15” x 1” ( brush the pan with canola oil and use baking parchment)
3. Stir flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in 1 cup butter until crumbly. Spread mixture evenly in jelly roll pan and pack firmly.
4. Bake the shortbread crust 20 minutes. Crust will be a pale tan color.
5. Prepare topping while crust is baking. Mix egg, corn syrup, 1 1/2 cups sugar, vanilla extract, and melted butter with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Remove crest from oven and spread topping mixture evenly over the crust.
6. Return to oven and bake 25 minutes. Topping should be set before removing from oven. (lightly jiggle the pan and look for movement.)
7. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting with a sharp knife.
8. Mark four cut lines lengthwise and ten widthwise. Cut gently through topping first, then go back and cut through crust. Bars can be refrigerated until ready to serve.